Good Day. Furnished rooms available in the CBD area great location and central to almost everything around the CBD area Eg. restaurants ,night clubs ,sports bars,wonderful coffee shops,ret...
Student Accommodation Cape Town
When looking for accommodation in Cape Town visit www.gumtree.co.za The site is the biggest online accommodation platform in Cape Town and will give you an idea on the different accommodation options as well as prices. Before you come to Cape Town do some research on Gumtree but we do not recommend booking accommodation in advance unless you were referred to that specific accommodation by some one els.
Simple steps to finding your student accommodation
- Book yourself into a Backpacker or Hostel for a week before you arrive (Recommended Backpackers)
- Once in Cape Town use the Gumtree website to search for accommodation. This will allow you to:
- View the place before moving in
- Meet the people with whom you will be staying
- Meet your landlord who will receive your rent
- Find the right location
- You pay market prices
- Normally you pay a 1-2 month deposit upon arrival and rent at the beginning of each month
- Find out what is included in your rent E.g Electricity, Water, Internet, Char etc.
Your accommodation is important so take the time to find the right place!
Student Accommodation tips
- Read your lease agreement very carefully
- Make sure the accommodation is furnished
- Is water and electricity included or must you pay that separately ( normally Water is included Electric is Excluded)
- Does accommodation have Internet facilities? ( and what speed )
- Off street parking is a big bonus in Cape Town if you have a vehicle.
- Deposits are normally 1-2 months in advance but please do not pay if you are not sure that the place is legitimate.
- Be careful of landlords overcharging but price differences depend on location, size of room, how clean, what it offers and length of stay.
- Some places charge less but then do not expect to much.
Some pricing ideas
|| Average Price
|Single room in Commune||R 2700 -3500|| Cape Town
|Flat with single Room|| R 4500 - 6000
|Single Room in Commune|| R 2500 -3000
| Flat with 2 bedrooms
|| R 4000 - 5500
( To convert Rand to your currency go it www.xe.com )
Some options in terms of student accommodation in Cape Town
Accommodation for everyone, shared and ensuite options available, short or long term. We are in Milnerton, convenient distance from Cape Town City Bowl and on the MY CITI Bus route (Lagoon Beach Stop)...
We have a double room available in a fully furnished 3 bedroom house. The room has 2 single beds or a queen size bed. The 2 other rooms in the house are currently occupied by Dutch interns. Water an...
We are two french students living in the flat and there is 1 Bedroom available (suitable for couple or single) in this Spacious 3 bedroom apartment, fully furnished in the heart of Sea Point. Close...
Howzit, I have a fully furnished cottage available in our shared house in Observatory, Cape Town and am looking for a male housemate. The house is closely located to the shops, restaurants/bars, st...
A furnished spacious room with a private bathroom is available in a sunny 2 bedroomed in Claremont for short to long term stays (minimum 1 month, FEMALES only). It is suitable for mature exchange stud...
We have a room in a 3 bedroom house available to rent from the 1st of October. The house has a beautiful view of Table Mountain and is 5 minutes walk from the city and located conveniently in the Cen...
Centrally located at 73 Kloof street, we offer clean and neat single and double rooms, each woth enauite bathrooms. Included: Linen, desk, Wifi, electricity and Water. Cleaning once a week. Communal k...
Offering a variety of accommodation, Obsage Family Lodge is ideally situated for holiday makers and visitors to Cape Town. We provide safe affordable accommodation with as much convenience as poss...
Bedroom with ensuite bathroom available in 4 bedroom student house in Newlands from 1 Oct 2012 for R3100pm....
We have a fairly large house and require a decent guy between the ages of 24 – 35 to move in. House features: - Your own room (already has a bed) - Shared bathroom and toilet...
We offer student acommodation including breakfast for foreign students from Europe or America. We are conveniently placed near downtown and on the public transport route and walking distance to the Wa...
Hello there! I have a furnished room available for two months from 1 August. I live in a beautiful city apartment in de Waterkant, Greenpoint.5 minute walk to town, waterfront and train station. safe...
Secure homely accommodation in the Southern Suburbs (Southfield/Plumstead) with easy access to public transport. Close to the M5 freeway which leads straight to town. Large bedrooms sleeping two peop...